Fritz Brothers guitars
♦ Fritz Brothers Roy Buchanan Bluesmaster / Sunburst (~1991)
This was ordered directly from the Fritz Brothers workshop, after Gary had borrowed a similar model from his Henley neighbour, George Harrison. As he had used that guitar on one track on the 1989 "After The War" album, and if he was to play the track live, it was thought best to have his own example. It was used for some tracks on the "After Hours" album, 1991/2.
- neckplate stamped Fritz Bros. Inc. U.S.A. No. 049.
- Telecaster-style, bound body with three-tone sunburst finish
- three EMG pickups
- five-way selector and volume/tone knobs
- three-ply laminated pearloid scratchplate
- unbound fingerboard
- headstock with Roy Buchanan 'signature'
- Sperzel tuners
- in hard, rectangular plush-lined case with strap and handwritten letter from Roger Fritz to Gary Moore/Graham Lilley dated 27th September 1991
- guitar 38 1/2 inch (97.5 cm) long.
♦ Fritz Brothers Roy Buchanan Bluesmaster / Blue (~1988-92??)
Gary was using this guitar on the "After Hours Tour" in 1992, for songs like "Too Tired" and "The Sky Is Crying". Check out this recording from the "Live Blues" video.